Monday, April 27, 2020

Postcard from the future: ‘I dream of Berlin's pristine lakes’

A short U-bahn ride from the German capital lie lakes, waterways and beaches that Rory MacLean can’t wait to swim in once again

At home in locked-down Dorset, I look out of my study window. Beyond the horizon I imagine launching myself on wild journeys: trekking Nepal’s high Annapurna trail or paddling a canoe across the dark mirror of a Canadian lake and leaving a trail of twisting whirlpools in my wake. In our changing new age, and with the need to limit long-haul air travel, I know that I’ll never reach many of my fancied, far afield destinations. Yet I’m determined to get back outdoors as soon as possible, starting in Berlin.

Continue reading...

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment