Sunday, July 19, 2020

Post-lockdown Amsterdam is a crowd-free joy

The tourists are trickling back but the streets and canals are still quiet enough to make cycling around the city an unexpected summer treat

There are many things I’ve missed about travelling in recent months, but it took a chocolate shoe rolled, high heel to toe, in hundreds-and-thousands to remind me of the simple pleasures to be found inside a European chocolaterie.

I’d spent the morning admiring Dutch greats at Amsterdam’s Rijksmuseum and was ambling along Haarlemmerdijk when the “shoes” caught my eye. Each kleine and grote “pump” (a misnomer if ever I saw one) in the window of Jordino was a different colour and finished with a rose. It was art in its most delectable, edible form.

Continue reading...

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment