Tuesday, March 23, 2021

A year on from the first lockdown, what has become of travel?

Travel as we knew it stopped a year ago – and is unlikely to return in the same form. But new trends are already emerging

At the start of the first lockdown I went for a bike ride. The sun was shining, spring was bursting out all over, and the Cummings affair had yet to happen.

I had only gone a few miles when I saw the first Go Home sign. Another soon followed. I saw lots of people outside, many working on the house or garden. No one looked up. There were no vehicles except two police cars. After each one passed, I took the next available turn, just in case they decided to stop and question me, an old habit from years spent living in dictatorial countries. They did not.

Continue reading...

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment