Sunday, February 16, 2020

Next stop, Stockholm: one family’s European rail adventure

London to Sweden by train and ferry made for a fun, frenetic family trip – then calm arrived at a holiday cabin amid the blissful waters of the Stockholm archipelago

Watching my two children struggle along the platform like geriatric tortoises under their new backpacks, I had a moment of doubt. It was 5am on a dull, Monday in London and we were about to embark on a journey that would take us, by train, all the way to Stockholm.

With the help of the Man in Seat 61 website, I worked out that a Global Interrail pass was the best way for our crew (my husband, me and our 11- and nine-year-old daughters) to get there. The pass covers most continental trains, is extremely flexible and – best of all – free for children under 12 accompanied by an adult. I also booked our hotels and a cabin on the Stockholm archipelago.

Continue reading...

* This article was originally published here

No comments:

Post a Comment